The origins of the Mission dates back to 1951 when it was opened up as a centre of evangelisation. In 1952 Bondolfi Primary School was built at the mission station. The Teachers' College started at Gokomere and in 1963 it relocated to the present Bondolfi Mission in order to create an environment for mature and professional teacher trainee. The college started off by training small numbers of PTH and T3 graduates in the 1960s and 1970s. Rev. Fr. J. Schoenenberger was the first principal of the college from 1963 to 1978 when he retired. The same year (1978), Mr. L.C. Boora took over as principal of the college. However, in 1979 the college was closed because of the liberation war. From 1979 to 1980, the college was housed at the United College of Education in Bulawayo.
In 1980 both the Diocese headed by His Lordship late Sekuru Chiginya and the government, represented by the University of Zimbabwe, took crucial decisions to expand the college in line with the requirements of the scheme of association. This is the time phenomenal infrastructural developments took place at the college. The Administration block, Makerere and Oxford hostels, the library, the Recreational Centre and the New Hall were built, and by 1988 one hundred and thirteen graduates were produced. During this time, early 1980s, Mr. L.C.Boora was transferred to Seke Teachers' College and Mr. H.B. Chikukwa became the principal. Rev. Dr. Jakata was the college Chaplin and played an instrumental role in securing college associateship status with the University of Zimbabwe. Subsequent Chaplins during Mr. H.B. Chikukwa were Rev. Fr. J. Nyika (1986-1988), Rev.Fr. B. Machingauta (1991-1992), Rev. Fr. J. Bennet and Rev. Fr. R. Madzivire (1993).
To serve the teaching, learning and research needs of the academic community through the provision of a comprehensive and current collection of relevant materials in different formats selected in compliance with basic written selection principles and to provide maximum accessibility of such materials.
To be an outstanding information centre for intellectual inquiry through provision of information resources and services that advance research and lifelong learning.
We represent the life and work of Christ in whatever we do.